The RV Geo is a 7.4m Redbay Stormforce RIB operated by Geological Survey Ireland. It is configured for very shallow water hydrographic and geophysical data acquisition with a draft of only 0.5m. This highly manoeuvrable vessel is ideally suited to survey right up to 0m LAT and in highly dynamic coastal environments. This small vessel is particularly suited to mapping shoals and rocks that are hazards for coastal navigation.
Key features of the RV Geo include:
- Teledyne Reson Seabat T20-P multibeam
- Over the bow deployment unit for acoustic transducers
- Rapid transit capabilities
- Innomar Sub-bottom profiler
- Ideal for hazard mapping up to 0m LAT